Long-term volunteering project call 2021
Duration: 5 January 2021 – 4 January 2022
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Društvo za kulturo inkluzije (Association of Inclusive Culture) is looking for a volunteer within the European Solidarity Corp program for the “Solidarity” project.
The long-term volunteering activity is expected to last from January 5th 2021 to January 4th 2022.
The volunteer will be involved in the preparation and implementation of projects or programs of the Association, such as:
- Social inclusion (program for adults with special needs with an emphasis on work occupation and psychosocial support),
- Special sporter (sports exercise for children with disabilities),
- Holiday care (summer and autumn holiday activities),
- Diversity enriches us – Inclusive sports weekends (activities to support families of children with special needs),
- Companionship (individual work with children and adolescents with special needs),
- International Festival Year “Play with me” (Be an athlete, Be an artist, International festival Play with me),
- other project and promotional activities of the association.
An agreement on volunteer work will be concluded with the volunteer for the duration of the project activities. The volunteer will be provided with accommodation, food and transportation costs, and pocket money. The volunteer also has mentoring support throughout the process.
We will accept one volunteer into the project who will meet described requirements.
- volunteer needs to be age between 21 and 30 years;
- interest in working with children, adolescents and adults with special needs and characteristic development;
- basic knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Office), Internet and social networks (FB, Instagram, Tik-Tok);
- time availability for a period of one year of the project.
DESIRABLE VOLUNTEER FEATURES:
We expect motivation and joy from the volunteer to work with children, adolescents and adults with disabilities. Traits such as creativity, ability to work in a team and communication, Sense of responsibility, reliability, flexibility, positive attitude towards work, openness to learning, good social and communication skills are also desirable.
Applications are accepted until November 23rd, 2020, via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attach a CV, motivation letter and contact details to the application.